Plugs are young starter plants that are an increasingly popular alternative to sowing your own seeds. Plugs are efficient and cost effective, and many growers are now using the opportunity to specialise in finishing their plants. You too can benefit from our team of experts and our climate-controlled growing facilities, and receive young plants in custom trays ready for transplanting the week that you want them.
Nearly all of our varieties are available as plugs in various tray sizes. Tray sizes are categorised by the number of cells per tray and range from large plugs in 128 trays, medium plugs in 288 trays which are ideal for cut flower growers and potted colour growers, through to small plugs in 512 trays. A full catalogue of all products available and the tray sizes for each is available upon request, along with details of our order based pricing system.
Advantage of plugs
Highsun Express is the longest running specialist plug producer in Australia therefore we have the experience and capability to provide you with young plants when you require them. Many customers start purchasing the harder to germinate varieties from us. This is just the start as they then find out the ease with which the system works, subsequently contracting many of their other varieties to also arrive in a scheduled arrangement.
- No more uncertainties about germination rates
- No need for specialised seeding staff and equipment
- Quality plants arriving the week you need to transplant
- Premium genetics from our breeding partners
- High quality germination rates from Highsun Express Seeds means reliable deliveries of plugs every time.
- The ability to top up your requirements from our weekly surplus list.